For current Research Higher Degree students
Supervision and the Confirmation and Supervisory Panel
- Students are supervised solely or jointly by academic members of the School. Additionally, a Confirmation and Supervisory Panel (CSP) is set up within 6 weeks of commencement that oversees this process – it is the joint responsibility of the student and supervisor(s) to ensure this occurs.
- It should be stressed that "The principal aim of the CSP will be to support the student in his or her endeavour to complete a high quality research thesis in a timely fashion."
- Students should read the School Policy on the CSP: Research Students Supervision.
- To set up the CSP, use the Members of Confirmation and Supervisory Panel Form (PDF). Must be completed within six weeks of commencement.
- The CSP formally meets once a year and the Annual Meeting Supervisory Panel Form (PDF) will be completed at this time.
- Melbourne School of Graduate Research Confirmation Form is sent directly to the student six months prior to confirmation due date. Must be completed between 9 and 12 months after commencement.