Welcome to the alumni web page for Mathematics & Statistics graduates
This site along with its annual newsletter, aims to encourage the development of valuable professional and personal networks by fostering alumni of the School of Mathematics and Statistics.
What our alumni are doing
We have had many successful graduates go on to pursue a wide variety of careers. View our graduate career profiles.
Alumni engagament opportunities
Alumni are welcome to attend public lectures, Student Excellence Award Ceremonies, and other occasional events run by the School of Mathematics and Statistics.
The School has organised reunions for 1960's alumni and 1970's alumni, and we hope to hold a 1980's alumni reunion in the future.
You may also like to volunteer some time to give a short talk to students about your career path at one of our career fairs or events.
We love to hear new ideas and find out what activities our alumni graduates would like to be involved in, so please feel free to offer us your suggestions for Mathematics and Statistics alumni activities or services.
For more information or enquiries, contact the School of Mathematics and Statistics:
Visit the University of Melbourne alumni website alumni.unimelb.edu.au for news, benefits, offers, volunteering opportunities, and to update your alumni details.
The annual 'Alumni and Friends' Newsletter is sent to Mathematics and Statistics alumni in December, either by mail or email.
To update your contact details, please use the University of Melbourne alumni website alumni.unimelb.edu.au
- Issue 16 - January 2022 (PDF File 937.2 KB)
- Issue 15 - December 2020 (PDF File 524.9 KB)
- Issue 14 - January 2020 (PDF File 551.5 KB)
- Issue 13 - December 2018 (PDF File 867.9 KB)
- Issue 12 - December 2017 (PDF File 818.7 KB)
- Issue 11 - December 2016 (PDF File 4.3 MB)
- Issue 10 - December 2015 (PDF File 1.9 MB)
- Issue 9 - December 2014 (PDF File 1.3 MB)
- Issue 8 - December 2013 (PDF File 2.2 MB)
- Issue 7 - December 2012 (PDF File 2.2 MB)
Mathematics and Statistics 1960s Reunion
A reunion of Mathematics and Statistics 1960s Honours, Masters and PhD graduates was held at Queen's College on Thursday 6th October, 2011.
Mathematics and Statistics 1970s Reunion
A reunion of 1970’s Honours, Master and PhD students in mathematics and statistics was held on 26th May, 2016 at University House.
The School of Mathematics and Statistics works with varied industry partners, as well as public institutions, small businesses and individuals who contribute to the teaching, promotion and research work of the School through the generous support of prizes and scholarships.
The School of Mathematics and Statistics would like to thank the following supporters:
- M.L. Urquhart Honours Prize Sponsor/Donor Professor Rupert Thomas Leslie and Mrs Roberta J Leslie
- The M.L. Urquhart Honours Prize is awarded to the student with the best overall performance in Mathematics in their honours year and who has not been awarded the Wyselaskie Scholarship for Mathematics in the same year.
- Belz Lecture Series Sponsor/Donor Dr. Florence Marjorie Belz in memory of husband Professor Maurice H. Belz.
The fund is to generally advance the interests and activities of the Department of Statistics and in particular to be applied each year in or towards sending selected scholars in statistics abroad for further study or in bringing to Australia from abroad qualified persons to lecture on statistics and allied subjects.Thus beginning the 'Belz Lecture Series', held each year in memorium of Maurice Belz, the first Professor of Statistics at The Unviveristy of Melbourne. The Maurice H. Belz Scholarships in Statistics were established in 2006.