Several resources are available to help you choose your subjects.
All students who are planning to do any mathematics and statistics subjects and especially those who plan to major in Mathematics and Statistics are encouraged to obtain course advice through one or more of the options below.
Course planning information session
The information session is held in October each year and includes:
- an overview of each specialisation in the Mathematics and Statistics major and the Data Science and Mathematical Physics majors
- recommended level-2 and level-3 subjects to choose for each of the majors and specialisations
- question and answer time
The recording from the 2022 information session on 11 October is available on MS Prime. (Accessible to current mathematics & statistics students only.)
Course Advice for Undergraduates booklet
The Course Advice for Undergraduates booklet (2023 edition) contains information about mathematics and statistics subjects, majors and specialisations in one convenient booklet. It is updated in October each year.
The booklet contains information about:
- The Mathematics and Statistics, Data Science and Mathematical Physics majors of the Bachelor of Science
- The specialisations within the Mathematics and Statistics major or Diploma in Mathematical Sciences
- Recommended mathematics and statistics subject choices to complement other majors
- Information about individual subjects offered by the School of Mathematics and Statistics
Individual course advice from a mathematics and statistics course adviser
Students are welcome to talk to a mathematics and statistics course adviser for help choosing subjects or planning their course.
Email the Mathematics and Statistics Learning Centre (MSLC) at firstname.lastname@example.org and they can give you the contact details of a relevant course adviser. Course advisers are available in person or via Zoom.
My Course Planner
This online tool helps you plan your course and check that all the course requirements and subject prerequisites are satisfied.